Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ending of a unit...

It always is a bit sad when we end a unit and move onto another one. Our class just finished reading Elie Wiesel's novel Night. The classes had some great discussions about the Holocaust and the World War II era. Every time I have the opportunity to teach this unit I am always amazed at the great insight some students show in class. I think my favorite part of this unit is the final unit project. The students were asked to create a "Holocaust Journal". Basically, each student created a 10 page journal, made a character, and made their journal entries follow the time period. Many of the students have done such an amazing job! My hope is to have the students read their entries and create a podcast that I can link to this blog. I would love to have you listen to them... stay tuned. Mrs. E :)

No comments:

Post a Comment